For a successful result, describe your project in as much detail as possible, including:
1) Dimensions (finished size no larger than 1296 sq. inches--for example, 36" x 36").
2) Colors/shades/tones/themes (birds, floral, fish and so on, or perhaps a certain ethnic influence, like Japanese or African). Pictures or swatches are very helpful in getting exactly what you want.
3) Inspiration or context for the project: an heirloom or treasured posssesion; upholstery fabric or wallpaper (send pictures!); a specific event being commemorated--wedding, new baby, anniversary, new home. I also offer memory projects, like lap robes, teddy bears, or wall hangings made from loved ones' clothing.
4) Style: traditional Americana, art deco, modern, country/rustic, and so on. I use many traditional 19th-century quilt blocks, like Log Cabin, Bear's Paw, Birds in the Air, 4-Patch, 9-Patch, Monkeywrench, and Wagon Wheel, but I also create some of my own variations. Or you can choose any quilt block you see on my website.
5) Fabric: I typically use high-quality cotton, but can also work with flannel, wool, or denim, or fancy fabrics like silk, velvet, lace, or satin.
The price of a custom order is based on a number of factors (the items in my store will give you a general range):
1) The quality and quantity of material.
2) The intricacy of cutting and piecing.
3) The detail and complexity of the quilting stitches.
4) The uniqueness of the design. If you want something other than one of the standard designs on my website, there will be an additional $50 design fee.
Please allow 3-4 weeks for completion of the project--longer between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I will do my best to complete your order in a timely fashion, but all custom projects are handled in the order received.